Everyone’s got their favorite tools, but we all need reliable time-savers when it comes to SEO work and sometimes it’s easy to overlook some of the newer or more obscure ones. That’s why we’re creating a list of recommended tools for everyone to try out. If you’re new to SEO be sure to also check out our list of must-read SEO books for beginners and read up on the recommended SEO blogs that we’ve gathered.
Whether you’re an SEO or a digital marketing manager you need to know the true picture of your website and its competitors. These analysis tools will let you check on backlinks and so much more!
- SEO Spyglass
Keyword Research Tools
- Keywords Everywhere (English only)
- Keyword Surfer
- Google Keyword Planner – accurate data available only after running a paid campaign
On-page analysis and optimization
- Page Optimizer Pro (POP)
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider – ubiquitous, handy crawler that is pretty much the standard among SEOs. Read our Screaming Frog user guide to learn more about using it.
- Website Auditor – for smaller websites it works really great, but unfortunately, its exclusion option only hides the excluded URLs as opposed to ignoring them for crawling. This results in Website Auditor crawling everything without our control. That being said, it doesn’t make a difference for a small blog website. Where it does matter, is when you have a big e-commerce website with filters and the number of URLs goes into hundreds of thousands and up.
- Sitebulb – a fairly newish tool, we have yet to properly test it but seems promising.
- Web Developer
- noindex checker
- SEO Minion
- Scrape Similar
- Copy links from tabs
- Redirect Path
Google Sheets Addons
- Search Analytics for Sheets
- Google Analytics Spreadsheet Add-on
Analytics and reporting tools
- Google Data Studio
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Yandex Metrica
Log Analysis Tools
- Screaming Frog Log File Analyser
This list will be updated and extended when there are more tools worth recommending. If time allows articles about most of these tools should follow.