Anybody who wants to be somebody in the SEO world needs to learn constantly. Fortunately, the community of SEOs around the world is huge and eager to share their knowledge if you know where to look. Many beginner SEO apprentices find this world confusing, and rightfully so! As great as this community is, it also creates a ton of useless gibberish. In order to cut through it and improve the signal/noise ratio, we prepared a list of must-read SEO books already. You would be wise to go through them first, but with the fast pace of this industry, you need to stay on top of the latest developments at all times. You will find our recommendations to get your fix of SEO knowledge before. These are the publications we personally follow and can wholeheartedly recommend!
- Backlinko – a great resource on link building, although the author is said to be inventing SEO dogmas that can neither be proven nor disproven.
- Ahrefs – This is mostly for beginners, but their blog is very well maintained and articles are comprehensive. Also, they’re running pretty much the best SEO tool there is 😉
- Moz – One of the oldest blogs in the industry from one of the oldest and still alive tools. Simply a ton of knowledge available at your fingertips, beginner to advanced SEO – everyone will learn something.
- Search Engine Journal – mostly an SEO news source, they surface a lot of things from Twitter, so if you don’t like to constantly comb through there, it’s a good publisher to follow to stay up-to-date on all things SEO.
- Search Engine Roundtable – another news website with a particular focus on SEO, you don’t have to follow both.
- Search Engine Land – another SEO news site. Again, you will have to choose your preferred one.
- Builtvisible – a marketing agency from the UK that shares in-depth knowledge of SEO. This is not just for newbies!
- Bounteous – This incredible agency works way more broadly than with SEO. This is the company that was created through a merger of Lunametrics and a couple of other ones. Lunametrics was very well known for its analytical prowess and Bounteous seems to be expanding on that and more.
If you’re looking for more great recommendations for SEOs we’ve created a list of must-use SEO tools that should come in handy to pretty much anyone, so go check it out. While you’re at it read our Screaming Frog SEO Spider user guide for beginner and advanced SEOs – you’ll thank yourself for it!
Lesser-known SEO blogs
I just stumbled upon ohgm.co.uk, seriously worth checking out!